Version 5.0 of the Deployment Framework for BizTalk represents a major overhaul and transition from what was more of a tool/sample into a true product. This is a very important and exciting milestone, and we strongly believe that every BizTalk developer can and will benefit from the Deployment Framework.
There have been so many changes since version 4.0, way back in 2008, that it only makes sense to hit the highlights here. If you'd like to see how much has really changed, you'll find that detail on the Change History page on CodePlex.
Here's an abridged list of the biggest changes for V5.0 (see the Change History for the complete list):
- NEW: Support for BizTalk Server 2009 and 2010 - now supports BizTalk Server 2006, 2006 R2, 2009 and 2010 and BizTalk ESB Toolkit 2.0 and 2.1
- NEW: Complete conversion from NAnt to MSBuild with file structure modeled after standard .csproj/.vbproj project files
- NEW: Consolidated Deployment Framework files under a <projectname>.Deployment folder and integrated server MSI build, leaving the solution root clean
- NEW: Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010 Add-in including integrated menu and toolbar, solution awareness, IntelliSense and Add New Project wizard
- NEW: Windows Installer MSI to install and configure the Deployment Framework
- NEW: Core Framework enhancements
- Complete flexibility on project structure, file naming and locations
- Integration with ESB Toolkit 2.0 and 2.1
- Completely revamped support for BRE
- New samples that demonstrate Deploment Framework features
- Automatic creation/cleanup of FILE adapter physical paths, including NTFS permission assignment
- Automated export and deployment of BAM XML from a BAM XLS file to avoid needing Excel on the server
- Support for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 (including UAC elevation)
- Integration with TFS Team Build
- CHANGE: Discontinued support for BizTalk 2004 (BizTalk 2004 users, please use Version 4.0)
Please see the Issue Tracker for open issues for this and future releases and the Change History for complete details.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free HTML Help documentation generator